The CIW Research Support Grant will assist current CIW Academic Members of The Australian National University to support research focussed on China, Taiwan, or the Chinese diaspora. The aim of this grant is to promote Chinese studies.
Funding is in the form of a small grant up to $5,000. The grant will be paid as a lump sum.
The grant can be used to fund:
• Conference/fieldwork travel
• Research assistance
• Data expenses
For travel within Australia, the grant will contribute towards paying for economy return airfares and actual expenses related to travel, e.g. accommodation, in country travel, passport, visa, vaccinations and other preventative medicines.
Travel insurance will be covered by ANU for travel that has been approved by the relevant delegated authority. CIW Members are strongly advised to consult the University’s Travel Insurance Policy and should consider seeking advice from the University's Insurance Officer. Proof of travel expenses may be requested by the College.
Funds must be used within 12 months following receipt of the award
• Be a CIW Academic Member;
• Have the demonstrated support of your School Director (a simple email supporting the application is sufficient).
Application and Selection
Each application will be evaluated against the criteria listed below:
· Project quality and innovation
· Benefit and impact
· Alignment with the strategic objectives of the relevant School(s), the College, and ANU2025
A panel of ANU Chinese studies’ specialists from a range of disciplinary backgrounds, chaired by the CIW Director, will make the final grant decisions.
Successful applicants will be contacted using their ANU email address and will need to return a signed letter of offer and Conditions of Award. If successful, funds will be transferred from CIW to your School for disbursement to you.
Any unspent funds must be returned to CIW.
Successful applicants are required to submit a short report (500 words) at the end of their grant.
- Ensure you have reviewed this scheme’s guidelines to assess eligibility;
- Complete the online 2022 CIW Research Support Grant Form;
- All criteria in the form must be followed before submitting the application;
For further information or advice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Friday 29 April 2022.