CIW travel grants are designed to support fieldwork or visits that:
• have a substantial China focus
• are of strategic relevance and benefit to CIW;
• are innovative;
• have the potential to lead to further funding;
• have the potential to develop new networks outside the ANU;
• showcase and disseminate ANU’s China-related research achievements.
$4,000 to contribute towards paying for economy airfares to and expenses related to travel, e.g. accommodation, in country travel, passport, visa, vaccinations and other preventative medicines.
Completion of travel must occur within 18 months from the date of the award.
• Be a CIW member;
• Complete their travel within 18 months from the date of the award;
• Have the demonstrated support of your School supervisor.
Application and Selection
This scheme is open all year. All eligible applications will be considered, however, as there is a limited pool of funding, applications are considered on a first come, first served basis.
Funding Allocation & Conditions
Funding is in the form of a small grant up to $4,000.
Successful applicants will be contacted using their ANU email address and will need to return a signed letter of offer and Conditions of Award. If successful, funds will be transferred from CIW to your School for disbursement to you.
Any unspent funds must be returned to CIW.
Successful applicants are required to submit a short report (up to one page of A4) at the end of their travels.
If successful, you cannot apply again for this category until the following year.
1. Ensure you have reviewed this scheme’s guidelines to assess eligibility;
2. Fill out the 2019 CIW Travel Grants Form;
3. All criteria in the form must be followed before submitting the application;
4. Email the completed application form to email@example.com.
For further information or advice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.